View a full archive of all published work
Public engagement and other topics related to academia.
Disability Essays – Violence, Representation, Family, Politics
Contact David here.
Disability and Representation
- Down Syndrome – Getting Beyond “Cute” (Al Jazeera America, 10/15/2014)
- Zoo Camp for All (Belt Magazine, 5/12/15)
- Speaking Out Against Autism Speaks (New York Times, 6/4/15)
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ is a Feminist Action Flick (Vice.com, 5/13/15)
- Wyatt Cenac and Telling Jokes About Down syndrome (CNN.com, 7/6/2014)
- Sustained Public Engagement – “But Does it Count?” (Chronicle.com, 6/23/2014)
- Faculty Members Are Not Cashiers (Chronicle.com, 3/18/2014)
- Conservatives want to rewrite the history of the Crusades (The Guardian, 2/7/15)
- What To Tell Your Kids About Columbus (CNN.com, 10/10/2014)
- Daddy, What’s Down Syndrome? (Yahoo! Parenting, 3/17/15)
- Harsh Critics in Public Spaces, Judging Only What They See (NYTimes.com, 1/12/15)
- The Public Health Menace of Jenny McCarthy (Atlantic.com, 7/11/2013)
- Best Dressed Girl – Gender Stereotypes in Preschool (CNN.com, 5/28/2013)
- Ethan Saylor: Disability Rights are Universal Human Rights (CNN.com, 8/29/2013)
- Ferguson and the Cult of Compliance (Al Jazeera America, 8/15/2014)
- FAIR: Counterspin – Media Coverage of Police Use of Force and Disability (7/28/16)
- Word of Mouth – Assistive Technology: How can you afford to access accessibility? (7/13/16)
- WBEZ Morning Shift – Police Use of Force and the Ruderman Report (3/7/16)
- NPR’s Here and Now – Columbus Day (10/12/15)
Corporate Writing and White Papers
- Google Impact Challenge – ADA Commemoration (Lead writer of the biographies on this page, commissioned by Google.org)
- The Ruderman White Paper on Media Coverage of Police Use of Force and Disability. With Lawrence Carter-Long. Published March, 2016.
- The Ruderman White Paper on Media Coverage of the Murder of Disabled InPiduals by Their Families and Caregivers. Published March, 2017.
Selected Author Pages (not maintained by author)