Today I am talking to a group of undergraduates at Virginia about public engagement. So here are some links from my own writing for examples:
- My Initial Public Offering (Chronicle of Higher Education, 7/22/2013)
- The New Franciscan Revolution (CNN.com, 9/20/2013)
- Pope Francis’ Wager (Atlantic.com, 5/24/2013)
- The Importance of Being Francis (Atlantic.com, 3/14/2013)
- History and the Papal Election: Thoughts for a Sede Vacante (Atlantic.com, 3/12/2013)
- Pope Benedict XVI and Pope St. Celestine V (CNN.com, 2/12/2013)
- The Ottoman Past and the Turkish Future (CNN.com, 6/11/2013)
- Ethan Saylor: Disability Rights are Universal Human Rights (CNN.com, 8/29/2013).
- When Cops Criminalize the Disabled (TheNation.com, 8/1/2013)
- Jenny McCarthy and Fear-based Parenting (CNN.com, 7/17/2013)
- The Public Health Menace of Jenny McCarthy (Atlantic.com, 7/11/2013)
- The Angel/Retard Dialectic (CNN.com, 11/16/2012)
- Best Dressed Girl – Gender Stereotypes in Preschool (CNN.com, 5/28/2013) with bonus conspiracy website.
- How to Talk Like a Feminist (If You’re a Guy) (The Shriver Report, 10/4/2013)