Good morning! Last week I wrote about disability, gender, family norms, wiping bottoms, the 19th century, and noodles.
Later today I’ll write more about my new essay on “How to Talk Like a Feminist (If You’re a Guy).”
Please comment here with stories I should cover next week!
- Sunday – Ricky Gervais and the “Angel/Retard Dialectic” – Disability and Gervais’ new show Derek.
- On Monday, as I often do, I wrote about masculinity. I focused on wiping bottoms as a way to talk about care-giving.
- Tuesday – Obamacare and Disability. I do not want to offend or lose my conservative readers. I am interested in your take. But I think I’m also right. Do you?
- Wednesday – I directed your attention to a blog post on “The Return of the 19th Century.” It’s a great post. I added a few thoughts on why this might be happening.
- On Thursday, I declared VICTORY in the Barilla boycott. Key phrase: You have to allow people an out. Key result: Nico gets his noodles.
- Friday – Heathrow and their more than reasonable accommodation for a young man with autism. Heartwarming.
- Finally, on Saturday, I linked to a piece arguing that there never was a traditional male breadwinner.
Thanks for reading, as always.