This is a collection of links about Republican cuts to programs serving people with disabilities, as well as comments from Republican officials/candidates questioning the rationales behind such programs.
Resource pages offer collections of links for pieces I am writing, usually without comment. The comment comes in the piece I write later. Please suggest other links via social media, email, or in comments.
Bruce Rauner (Illinois)
Scott Walker (Wisconsin)
- Walker cuts “Family Care” plan, closing options.
- Walker cuts long-term care services.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin has a call out for people affected by Wisconsin cuts to share their stories at upcoming hearings, along with budget numbers.
- Governor’s proposal would shred safety net for people with mental illness.
- Despite being personally disabled, record on disability issues concerning, including his “sovereign immunity” defense against the ADA.
- Medicare block grant plan from Senate Republicans targets people with disabilities (among others)
- SSDI – Divide and Conquer Strategy, limiting the ABLE act, Thom Tillis makes it explicit, new attacks on SSDI on day one of the 2015 congress, Rand Paul claims half of SSDI is wasted on fraud (fact-checked less than 1%), threaten to send millions of disabled Americans into poverty.
And just for fun, remember when a Fox News host told a woman her bipolar disorder was made up?