I began today’s writing with a new post on the Cult of Compliance, but I don’t want to skip the round-up, as there were some pieces I like here.
- Last Monday – I began the week with a post on academic, alternative career paths and gender, using an interesting clause calling for non-traditional candidates to apply to a job at Berkeley.
- Tuesday turned back to Jenny McCarthy and her hypocrisy.
- Wednesday is my favorite post of the week. I think about the origins of Pope Francis’ ideas about equality.
- Thursday turned to Pat Robertson and his ableism. Religion and disability are complicated (for monotheists, anyway). I need to come back to this topic.
- Friday linked to Adam Gopnik’s suggestion that the best analogy for the American radical right wing of today is … the radical right wing of yesterday. Same ideas, same images, same people.
- Saturday’s post talked about my son and explored the notion of inclusion NOT being same-ness. I’m definitely coming back to this one.
But go read today’s post on the Cult of Compliance if you would and weigh in on my definition. Thanks!